Document Checklist for study permit application
– Most recent diploma/degree mark sheet and certificates. Consolidated mark sheets are not
– CV and 2 LOR (for masters)
Note: If you are applying for master’s or PG, you don’t need to include SLC and +2 academic document.
- Letter of explanation (More than 1200 word is not advisable unless you have much things to explain)
- Language Proficiency test result – IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE
- Bank Documents
- Bank statement of 5 months and balance certificate
- Sanction letter (in case of Education loan), disbursement letter (optional)
- Fixed deposit certificate
- Property Valuation (both from Engineer and ward are accepted)
- Employment letter with payslip. (Employment letter should not be older than 2 months of Visa application and include job description, position, salary, allowances, years of employment).
- Rent agreement with tax paid receipt
- Agriculture income verification
- Land lease agreement with tax paid receipt
- Business partnership certificate with Audit report and PAN
- Sponsor letter (Notarized)
- Address verification (if required)
- Relationship verification with their citizenship
5. University/ college document
- Tuition fee paid receipt. TT copy is not required
- Any letter that shows co – op work practicum is required. (if applicable)
- Documents (where applicable)
- Experience letter with ID card
- Birth certificate for each accompanying dependent child
- Previous passports showing travel history
- Accompanying spouse and children of all ages must submit their own application forms.
– Police report
7. Visa Document:
- Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM 1294)
- Family information (IMM 5645)
- Custodian declaration – custodian for minors studying in Canada (IMM 5646)
- Photo (The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm. The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm and 36 mm.)
- Medical report, if upfront medical is done. It is not mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to submission of your application, but highly recommended. Do not submit your application until one week after your medical examination is completed.
- Document you can exclude to upload (or say optional)
– Property valuation (if you have education loan)
- Birth certificate for primary applicant
- Ward income verification, if you are doing CA report.
Note: Any document that are not in English/French must be translated and notarized (certified by a notary). Documents that are uploaded original and are in English don’t require any notary.
We strongly recommend that you submit your application at least three months ahead of your proposed date of travel.
Good luck Everyone
Revised on 2022-07-21 – Singh – Canada Document checklist can be varied with Applicant